Thursday, September 2, 2010

Module 1

My name is Matthew Fitzgerald and I am currently in my third year of teaching at Marcellin College Randwick. Having completed the first stage of my NSW Institute of Teachers accreditation process, I saw participating in the Web 2.0 course as a good opportunity for me to actively grow as a teacher and work on my IT knowledge and skills, as well as to build up my inservicing hours as part of the next step in the accreditation process.
I was able to finish module 1 of this course without much fuss. I used to have a Gmail account years ago, so there was no real issue in setting up the account apart from the availability of an email address, which took some time.
I have seen and used some of the gadgets before too. I was however very surprised with the amount of gadgets that are now available and how helpful (and pointless) some of them are. I added so many gadgets to my igoogle page that it took an awful long time to load, so I have had to remove a few of them.

This was a pretty cruisey introduction to a course that I am sure I am going to get a lot out of and it gives me some level of confidence going into the next few modules.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matthew. I'm completing this course too. Like you, I saw participating in Web 2.0 as a great way 'to actively grow as a teacher and work on my IT knowledge and skills'. A very interesting and practical course so far. I am currently working through Module 7- hence am viewing and commenting on other course participant's blogs-in case you're wondering about this random comment! You have raised some excellent points in your blog. Enjoy the rest of the journey!

    ReplyDelete