Thursday, September 9, 2010

Module 6

Bubbl.us is a useful tool that I know I will be using again sometime soon. The fact it enables me to create a brainstorm that looks professional with minimal fuss is fantastic. I could see this tool being implemented in the classroom quite effectively too.
How could I implement this tool in the classroom?
I could encourage students to use this tool when completing homework activities. Alternatively as a class we could brainstorm and I could type up the students suggestions, I could then print out a copy for the students and have it to them by the next lesson.
Although it is a very simple ICT tool, it is one which has the potential to be quite a useful tool.

Below is an example of a brainstorm I created about the Web 2.0 course.



Glogster is a site which allows you to create your own poster online. It is free, easy to use and allows you to add many functions, which makes it a popular ICT tool.
Glogster is an excellent tool that I am quite excited about using in the class room. The students would thoroughly enjoy using this ICT tool and that will make it easier keeping them interested in the topics being learnt.
A tool like this not only displays a student's creativity and ICT knowledge, it further develops their skills and promotes growth in their knowledge of the course.
This is a tool that I will certainly be using with my students because I know they will love it!

Below is a link to a Glog I created. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matthew.

    I agree with you thoughts regarding Bubbl.us and glogster. I think it would be a really effective tool to use in the classroom. Students would find this interactive method of mind mapping and sharing information appealing and interesting.

    Prezi is another interesting presentation sight that I have discovered. You may want to check it out.

    www.prezi.com

    ReplyDelete