Sunday, September 5, 2010

Module 2

"Blogging" is a term I have always heard quite a lot, but I never really knew what it involved, nor did I take any interest in it. However, over the years (especially recently) and through various people, I am aware of the power of blogs and the fact that they are a tool in which you can convey information or your opinions in a simple and comprehendible manner.
Creating a blog for the first time was quite an experience. It was quite easy to set up and is very easy to manage. I was actually stunned at how easy it was to set up a blog. I found it a lot harder completing activity 3 of this module which involved me entering in my blog details into the course wiki (that took some time).
 
Having completed this module, I feel like I understand a lot more about blogging and am confident that I could implement this ICT tool into the classroom quite successfully.


I am of the opinion that blogs have the potential to be an extremely useful tool in the classroom and with more practice I am very interested in starting a blog specific for one of my classes.
I think starting up a blog can be a great way of assessing how well the students are receiving the information learnt in class, or alternatively, it can be a great way to actually learn in class, for example getting students to work on their own blogs and process and document everything learnt in a particular subject. I could then assess their work by being a follower of their pages.

As an ICT tool that could be used in the classroom, for me this really has legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment